Sunday, July 31, 2011

"My Poem Things Did Get Better"

On occasion, I will read over my old poems and edit my work.  Time gives the advantage of perfecting oneself and learning to be masterly over ones art.
One in particular I came across was "Things Will Get Better".  When re-reading this poem, I could see tears leaving their ink splatters across the page.  I could feel the sorrow.

I felt this poem was not to be touched, for it showed how far I have come in life's spider web.  I have left myself far behind and walk upon a different road altogether.  For that, I am grateful.
This is something that does not come easy.  We must be conscious of every action and thought through out each and every day.  Of course there will be days that we slip and that is where the human side comes into play.   Put yesterday in your pocket and use today as a learning instrument and guide.

After reading one of my old poems, "Things Will Get Better" was created.  Now I truly understand why the gift of writing and poetry was given to me as I matured.  I now appreciate the ups and downs in lifeand the lessons given.
  I stand here today, a much  content, joyful person, with great understanding of nature and mankind, and for that I will always remain grateful.
My poetry permits me to see what is going on in my life and it enables me to throw away the poison that permeates within.

With each poem I write, a great lesson is learned and understood.   
 I may never be recognized as an "Emily Dickerson", but my gift was a gift sent from the heavens giving me the opportunity to see the light and not live in darkness.
I hope all that reads my poems will enjoy!  For me the greatest gift is sharing my work with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment