Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Welcoming of Spring

Once again the excitement of April takes away my breath.  Looking at the soil, there are little arms stretching and yawning.  Everyday their colors are growing brighter and legs getting as tall as a drink of water.
I am describing flowers.  Every year the Spring season gives me hope and light to my own life.
If nature can sleep or meditate for many months, then metamorphosis into a beauty, well then I can wake up and smell the lilacs.

On the front lawn a family of rabbits grazes on the grass.  The bunnies are so precious!  They remind me of the cute stuffed animals we were given at Easter.  The robins this awakening season are telling us something and I can not figure out what they are telling the human race.
There chest are bigger, rounder, and redder then I have ever witnessed before.  What does this all mean?
Are they heeding a warning, or are they sending us messages of hope? 
Time will tell.

As Spring heads closer to its end, and teters on Summer breezes, I can almost hear the hither come yonder calls of the ocean.  I do not know what I would do if I could never see or feel the ocean again.
I believe a piece of myself would be missing forever.

Lets all enjoy the beauty, hope, and new life Spring brings to us once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment