Wednesday, May 16, 2012


My Dream of Copenhagen

Sun glinting through century old scrolled iron
My breath was robbed in the most beautiful way
Gazing at a world I know nothing about
Castles and canals come together for a captivating walk
Tivoli, a fairytale starting the moment you leave outside world
Darkness envelopes and Tivoli begins its charm
Step into enchanting universe with romance neighboring every corner

Sporting a copper roof and bounded by moats, Rosenborg Castle
Living within, “The Royal Jewels”
Cinderella, do you live there too!

I cannot tell if I am sleeping or awake
Casting the window open as my eyes seek a feast
Abodes of old making me weep
Oh the stories they could tell
I am ready as you open your doors, turning each page
Canals of Venice are shallow in compare
Colors transporting me to another dimension

It is time to leave and I can’t bear the thought!
Again, I am transfix one more time
The colors, flowers and history
Traveling with Hans Christian Anderson
Even hummed the familiar tune

Copenhagen let the magic begin!

The alarm clock screamed as I was rudely propelled
It was a dream, but I know different
Can you keep a secret……………..

Once upon a time there was Copenhagen



No comments:

Post a Comment