Monday, August 29, 2011

Why

I am not going to discuss the hurricane that just rode along the East Coast.  The media did more then enough
hype.  Yes, there were places and people that were hurt and devastated, as I am not taking this lightly.
I am here today to discuss why bad things happen and continue to happen to some superlative human beings.

My friend and sister Barbara  is kind, sweet, just an all around terrific person. 
Barbara is not my sister through blood, but through a spiritual bond of friendship.
As some of us know sisters do not have to be born to the same mother we share. Bad things keep happening to them and their family and I am sick of it!  This weekend Barbara's husband lost his father unexpectedly.    When a family member is sick and ailing going in and out of hospitals, it is no surprise what is waiting around the corner.  Death is never easy, but when it is inevitable, it can be more expected and prepared for.
In some cases, family members pray for the death of their family member, as they will no longer suffer.
This incident blew the family out of the water.

Then on Sunday, due to the hurricane, a tree fell on their home of nearly 20 years.  Where four children, three girls and one boy grew to fine adults.  My girlfriend and her husband grudgingly at the time,moved from Queens to Long Island.  As with all change it can be initially difficult.  At the time the parents felt this was the best decision for their growing family, as the old neighborhood was no longer a place to raise children safely.
As time tells all tales, it was the best choice and they never looked back.
When I heard of this, I wanted to scream and scream and scream.  You do get the picture!!
WHY!!  Why do good people have bad things happen to them. 
I do know the why, but most people do not want to hear, nor would they understand, and I can not blame them.

I do thank God that no one in the home was hurt and yes, that is good news.  First the unexpected death, then the damaged home within 24 hours. 
I ask all that read this, to please say a special prayer to God or who ever you place your hands in for comfort.  Pray for joy and peace to enter this home and never leave.  They have had enough!
Thank you to all that spent the time to pause and say a special prayer for this wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment