Thursday, March 3, 2011

Strawberry Delight


Picking strawberries on a warm day in August
What can be better then kicking off our shoe’s?
Fighting bees with sword and armor, picking strawberries
I will never forget the sights and scents of that summer noon
My bonnet propped upon my head; tied in a big purple bow
Dress splashed with strawberry colors
Colors like you find in a box of crayons


I collected more strawberries on my dress then fruits this noon
Basket dragging behind me too heavy with strawberries
I decided to sit by the lake and eat more berries
Basket light as a feather marching home with delight


As I walk home this summer noon, my steps became slower
Ouch! “My belly hurts”!  “I ate too many strawberries”.
Picking strawberries on a hot summers day
I know now to save some for the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment