Saturday, March 19, 2011

What Ever Happened to June Cleaver

My observations lately of the modern women sucks.  A great career, maybe a child or two.  Don't forget you have to have 2-4 vacations per year or it does not count.  Oh sorry, I mean 2.5 children per household.  If that is the style, then you have to have 2.5 children.  Two kids I get, but what is the 1/2 a kid.  Does that mean from ages birth to ten years old?  Rumor has it that there is a place when the kiddies turn ten, that they are thrown into the volcano for sacrifice.  Remember, they must be virgins and that is questionable.  They are having sex earlier and earlier.
Children are forced to be big boys and girls today. 

There is a major retailer whom I do not what to mention that will or is already, going to sell makeup and beauty aids for children.  I mean not tweens, but mini tweens.  Did you know that 5-6 years old are wearing makeup?  There moms are actually allowing this and liking it.
The market is targeting this age group.
Red alert, red alert!  What is happening to Middle America!  Not only that, there are bras for that age group too!  This is crazy.

Do not get me started on play dates.  What the f..k are play dates.  Children are not heard screaming and playing outside anymore.  Are there less skinned knees out there?  Neosporum and Band-Aids will be a thing of the past.  Why can't the wee ones just ring the bell and meet outside with twenty other little hoodlums.  Killing each other, tormenting your best friend because at the moment she is bugging the shit out of you having the newest skates.  Oh the memories.
I tied the kids up to trees with moms left over clothes line and would leave them there.  I was stopped in my tracks when the gang got sick of me letting them become part of the tree.  They secured me nice and tightly one fine day to the tree and when my mom came looking for me, I was filled with big black ants that left me with nice bites!

I say June Cleaver come back; some of us do miss you.  Pretty hair and fancy aprons.  Actually feeding your children's friends and I do not mean Pop Tarts.  Life was much simpler then and people appreciated what they had.  Now most expect things and want them yesterday.
Lets try to be a tiny bit like June baby.  Okay, the aprons were a little bit too much!!

June take me away!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Superb, what else can I say
    you wrote about my yesterday
    Children played, and were seen
    together, not in front of a screen

    Skint knees, riding bikes, all fun
    there was no problem, if we'd to run
    We kept fit walking or climbing trees
    now it's Dad, can I play the X box, please

    Where did we go wrong, I've asked myself
    I know some parents, with plenty of wealth
    Who don't allow there kids to play Super Mario
    and they enjoy an active life, always on the go

    I can't go back and change things, it's to late
    years ago we foolishly opened up this game gate
    My boy is pale white, and as for all his energy
    he can barely run the length of himself, and me

    While I confess, I don't play electronic games
    I read some folks poetry, some with exotic names
    So..true, I may be a little bit to white as well
    But don't take my computer, for without it's heck is that the time, gosh, I need to be going.
    I hope this was what you wanted me to read in here....if not, just point to which part of the page you meant, and I'll try again, okay.
    Nice work you penned up above...
    Yours, as ever, Kob.

    ReplyDelete