Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Life Can be Sour Grapes

The bible has spoken words, "Do unto others, as they do unto you:".  If this is taken literarly, does one spit back at the spitter?  How does this make things right?  It doesn't!  The backbone of my character believes differently.  Treat people as you would like to be treated.  That means even the ass.  Does two asses make a right?  It just creates a mass of asses as dominoes fall at a rapid speed.
If you would like to go one step beyond, picture the horrible sight of all kinds of asses! Not a good picture.

Everyday of my life, I am conscious of treating others with kindness.  Even when they are not too gentle towards me.  When a situation gets too out of hand, I just wish them well and place them out of my life.
But yet with all this good doing, I still find friends and acquaintances that are just horrible.

I seem to attract callous people like fly to shit.  I often wonder, am I here to teach them a lesson?  Or they reminders of an era once lived where I was on the opposite spectrum?
Whatever the situation, it does occassionally tend to make me fustrated and sad.

I do hope we learn to get along with each other.  If you have nothing nice to say to them, don't!
Listen to your friends when they cry out their hearts and only give sound advice if they ask.  If you are not 100 percent sure, keep your mouth shut and give them your heart and soul.  It is the best gift you could give.

No comments:

Post a Comment