Thursday, February 10, 2011

Contimplating

Sitting here this afternoon, I look back at my life and a smile sits on my lips.  Life as we all know it, has us climbing up mountains.  Just when you think you can now take out the picnic basket, open the purple checkered tablecloth, as we relax for a moment, the wind rudely takes it for an amusement park ride.
So there I go tumbling down to the bottom of this picturesque scene, I look at my knees and would'nt you know, there are new bloody cuts.

Presently I wear scabs and scars  proudly as a soldier shows off theirs.   And do you know what is even crazier, I would do it all over again! 
For many years, more then I like to remember, I would pray to be like my daddy.  Be careful for what we wish because it might come true.  Happy to say it did come true, but with many pitfalls.
Being fortunate , the scars are tiny.  Over the years I have adapted a way to go over bridges instead of drowning or even swimming in waters.

So like I was saying, this afternoon typing out my soul with little fingers, I smile with a beautiful expression.  I am here with my purple tablecloth, but this time I balance on its pinacle eating bagles and locks, drinking fine wine.
If I happen to fall, I was taught to tuck and tumble, this way hardly a bruise will appear.  Just think of the fantastic ride I get to take all the way down the mountain!

Get ready get set, here comes the most fantastic journey as I spill my guts out about my zany and sometimes very strange life.
There will be many other poems I have written and I hope that each and everyone that reads my works enjoys them and walks away with a lesson or at least their lightbulb becomes brighter.

Love to you all, Laura (Keku)

No comments:

Post a Comment