Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Friend Jack

                                                     
Why the obsession with Jack 
Early childhood succumbs me with delight
Orange globular beauty, tendrils, spectacular foliage
Excitement builds as school arrives; I know delight hides ride around the corner
Hunt all day discovering perfect one
Breath still at moment as anxiety arrives unfold 

Acres and acres as eyes behold such glory
Indian summer sweating with joy, picking specimens uglier then the next
Pimpled posteriors, warty lumps are presentation from heaven
Colors arrive in orange common among gang as white and yellow, a treasure to be found

Rich farming soil; I stand and pray
Father find for me a master of all
Flat and huge, a pink beauty captured that day
Rich glorious colors transforming unto artist palette
My little girl reveals herself, excited, happy; dirt painted across her checks
Simplicity, the key unlocking my jardin


No comments:

Post a Comment