Friday, February 11, 2011

The Grandmother I Didn’t Know

Heaviness succumbs, colors soothe and hypnotize
Land that not too many familiar, but have privilege knowing
There she is, my grandmother

She does not speak through mouth, but through intelligence and body
Eyes imprison sparkling light
She fills with tears, ambiance of light surrounds
Beautiful woman dressed in scarlet
Her figure is divine
Oval shaped buttons exposed her back; only one set sealed
May I close the gap?
No, I am happy with four

How many more is there left?
I counted fourteen grandchildren
Then I met her neighbor, elegant and regal
Aquamarine flowed from her three hundred years ago
Can I meet her?
Her parents left her the home
Did not get her meaning, but I drank her in

The grandmother I never knew
I smile for the reason she is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment