Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Poem, "My Friend Jack"

The poem "My Friend Jack", was a fun poem to write.  Though it does have passion and love underlying within the lines.
My dad and I had a tradition of pumpkin picking.  We would stay as long as it took to find the perfect one.
It had to have a shape equivalent to Marilyn Monroe transfered to a pumpkin.

One fall day my daughter and I went pumpkin picking in the fields.  I was more excited then my daughter.
Pumpkins and gourds as far as the eye can see.  That particular day, there was not a Marilyn in site.
I stood in the middle of the field and ask my dad, who is no longer here, to find me the perfect pumpkin.
Well, as soon as I finished I spotted a  huge light pink pumpkin that was shaped more like a donut, minus the hole in the middle. 

Pink is my daughters favorite color!  Who ever heard of a pink pumpkin?
That day my father gave my daughter and I a special gift. 
That simple fat pumpkin gave us such joy and I will always be grateful when I reminisce about that special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment