Thursday, February 17, 2011

Vocabulary 102

When we sleep REM occurs in concentrated form more in the second half of the night and that is where deams are born.  Some have a chasing scene of some wild animal trying to bite us.
Children often speak of dreams being seperated from their moms.  The mother and child take the BMT train line downtown.  The train comes to a hault,  the stop is announced like the next number at a deli counter. 
A wave of people are seen, the child is suddenly alone seperated from mom.  The true horror dream for a wee one.

Last night, when I finally got to sleep I dreamed of words and their meanings.  Ever since poetry became apart of me, this dream frequents my REM state.
Now you may say, ya , so what, well it can be very annoying because the word is said over and over again until I absorb the word and its meaning. 
Do you want to study while you sleep?

Most of my poetry is given to me from some high heavnly place and I can not write fast enough. 
On more than one occasion I had to scream out  "slow down". 
Then you have my vocabulary buddies.  Words that were thrown at me while I sleep, making there way into my poetry.
Sometimes just that one new word starts a domino conga and a poem is born!
I will speak to my poet, writer friends prehaps I am not alone. 
Count Dracula of words might be visiting their dreams too.
Just gives you the willies for a nice hot alphabet soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment