Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Love of Purple

The early 1960's a little girl  but five years old told her mom "what a lucky girl that would be to have a toy purple poodle just like that one"!  That little girl was me.  As far back as I could remember the color purple would mesmerize and put me into gaga land.  Still today there are certain shades of purple that are so beautiful to look I could eat them.
A little too extreme, of course, but that is the love I have for red and blue make purple.

Growing up in Queens, my bedroom had lavender wallpaper and  royal purple wool rug. 
The toy purple poodle my parents did buy for me.  Between the room and my poodle, I was in heaven.
So is it not right I give tribute to my favorite color through poetry?  You bettcha!
These days I have been seen around town ogling at the color green, but my orchid, lavender, thistle still comes in first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment