Friday, February 11, 2011

My Poem "The Ring"

"The Ring" is a poem about my fathers baby ring.  When I was of age, I was given my dad's platinum ring with a perfect diamond in the center and on each side were sapphire biggets.
It was a beautiful ring and was always proud to wear it.

When my daughter was about three years old she asked to wear the ring.  Feeling comfortable about it, since we were in the house, what harm could come of it.
That day, my little girl lost my dad's ring and over twenty years later I still pine for that piece of jewlery that meant so much to me.

 I dreamt recently of wearing that particular ring and my father was there beside me in the dream.
Dad is always smiling and his eyes sparkle like diamonds everytime he visits me in a dream.
I woke up and could feel the ring still on my finger.  When I realized the ring was no longer there, I could do nothing but cry, but I was so happy to have seen my dad .

No comments:

Post a Comment