Thursday, February 10, 2011

Good Night

To all my family and friends, I hope to be back here tomorrow adding more of my poems.
My wish is that my poems will be read around the world and enjoyed.

One of my childrens poems, "Rozzy  McFinney was read in an elementary class in Australia.
That was really exciting.  One child I was told likes her grandpa to read it when she goes to sleep.
I was so happy to share my gift with the children.  I am grateful!!



Rozzie McFinney

A silly old gal is she
Rozzy McFinney sits with birds and eats their feed

“Rozzy come fly with us”
“Let me press my nose and watch my gossamer wings bud”
“Will you teach me to fly like you”?
“Watch Rozzy, here comes a plane”!
“Fly lower; don't want your wing to get caught”

As I soar with friends, I see land below
Children playing, running in a race
Soaring over countryside for hours makes us hungry
Eating boysenberries, snoozing for a while

As the sun begins dropping in the sky, back to our home we fly
Home sweet home at last
Settling in for night, all snuggled together I ask...

"Little birdies, why do you love me so”
“Rozzy McFinney, you’re a silly old gal”.
“You are our little angel we prayed for every night”
Rozzy thought she was a bird. then realized she was as angel

For the first time it rained on earth
Every time it rains thank Rozzy for her tears of joy

No comments:

Post a Comment